Monday, March 16, 2015

LCCN

Got some advice that it would probably be good to get an LCCN (Library of Congress Control / Card / Catalog Number- I've heard it called all three). Application for the LCCN must be completed before the book is published. The process takes a few days but this should be the last stop on the road to release. Having an LCCN makes the book more accessible to school and public libraries. Submitting the application for an LCCN also means that a copy of the book will be sent to THE Library of Congress for archiving. There is no guarantee the book will be accepted into the library's collection, still, I will receive the number (which is worth while). I'm expecting my LCCN will arrive in the next five days, then I will have to submit and approve the final version, a process that takes @48 hours.

This extra time that I didn't expect to have has allowed me to make a few final color tweaks and to add some additional content. The printed book will now include a section with images for arts and crafts. Each page has been labeled 'okay to duplicate' so educators should also be able to make use of these without issue. Each 'crafts' page suggests copying and cutting out the picture and includes a warning that cutting should never be done without an adult present. I hope everyone likes these a lot and finds interesting things to do with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment